Chowbotics is looking for a high-caliber software engineer with a go-getter attitude and a passion for embedded systems. The selected candidate will develop, package, and maintain software on Raspberry Pi for our food robots. The implementation involves a middleware between a food ordering application and payment processor, and requires integration with Point of Sale (POS) terminals and payment processing solutions from multiple vendors, support for remote management and debugging, logging, etc.
- Study API and SDK documentation from multiple POS and payment processing vendors to understand the requirements for integrating with those solutions.
- Write clean, efficient, well-documented, and reliable code, and reusable libraries on Raspberry Pi.
- Manage and maintain production images for fast and reliable deployment.
- Write unit tests and automate execution of test cases to ensure that code quality meets a minimum set standard before it is handed to the software testing team.
- Collaborate with the various stakeholders throughout the software development cycle to ensure timely delivery of high-quality software to our customers.
- Debug customer-reported issues, identify bottlenecks, and design and implement solutions.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in CS/CE/IT or a related field with 3+ years of work experience as a software developer.
- Strong foundation in object-oriented programming, SOLID principles, and design patterns such as MVC.
- Hands-on development experience on Raspberry Pi.
- Good understanding and ease of working in a Linux environment.
- Good knowledge of computer networking basics; familiarity with C# and Mono .NET Framework would be a big plus.
- Ability to work well with remote team members, including in overseas locations.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a flair for working in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Chowbotics was founded on the belief that everyone deserves access to fresh, delicious food. It’s a mission we call #FreshForAll and one we’re proving possible through Sally, the world’s first fresh food robot. Sally utilizes precision robotics to assemble fresh, nutritious, personalized meals available any place or time, at the tap of a button. In an era of increased food safety standards, Sally is the only self-serve solution that offers the customizable experience of a salad bar, with ingredients that are safely protected in an airtight refrigerator. As such, hospitals, universities, grocery stores and more have adopted Sally to reinvent their foodservice capabilities, and over 100 of our shipped food robots have served more than 175,000 fresh meals to date.
Through a culture of relentless innovation, inclusion, and continual development, Chowbotics has established itself as the leader of the food robotics revolution. If you are a passionate, fast-thinking, hands-on person, and your reputation is known as “the hardest working person in the room,” then we want to talk to you!