Chowbotics is at the forefront of bringing automation into the food industry as part of DoorDash. We develop and ship robots that enable convenience through food automation. Our robots are often characterized as compact micro-restaurants that can provide customizable, fresh, healthy meals in closer proximity to consumers than any other food source. We are a team of engineers and manufacturing innovators that have exciting plans for scaling and developing new and more advanced food robots.
An experienced compliance engineer who will be able to manage all aspects of agency compliance for the company’s family of food robots.
What You’ll Do
- Assist design and test engineering to plan, manage and execute the comprehensive test, verification, and validation plan, ensuring that the products are free from electrical, thermal, mechanical and other hazards.
- Keep the design engineering team up to date on new or revised regulations that apply to the product family
- Create guidelines and procedures to ensure that governmental and industry regulations are met by manufacturing partners.
- Be responsible for regulatory filings and record keeping to ensure products are in compliance and are current to all applicable regulatory and industry requirements
- Drive the compliance testing of all new or modified product offerings, ensuring all schedule time lines are met.
What We’re Looking For
- BS/EE or AS/CS and a minimum of three years’ experience working as a compliance engineer
- Experience with product testing and analysis tools.
- Expert proficiency in report writing, analysis, and compliance procedures
- Thorough understanding of regulatory frameworks throughout the world
- Has brought at least one product through full UL compliance
- Has brought at least one product through full CE compliance
- Familiar with emissions and susceptibility testing on a detailed level.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas verbally and in writing.
- Skilled in business operations and/or project management.
- Highly self motivated and an active, driven problem solver.
Nice to Have
- Experience managing ECOs and other manufacturing knowledge.
- Able to drive Solidworks CAD software.
- Experience with firmware and software tools.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do –on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer – obsessed-Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people,together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’swhy we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.