Chowbotics is at the forefront of bringing automation into the food industry as part of DoorDash. We develop and ship robots that enable convenience through food automation. Our robots are often characterized as compact micro-restaurants that can provide customizable, fresh, healthy meals in closer proximity to consumers than any other food source. We are a team of engineers and manufacturing innovators that have exciting plans for scaling and developing new and more advanced food robots.
The Electrical Engineer will be an integral part of the robotics development team, designing and building the next generation of food robots, with a focus on the electrical and electronic subsystems.
What You’ll Do
- Participate in Concept Design reviews and formulate plans to deliver on product systems requirements.
- Create block diagrams and initial materials bill for major components with cost as a key design variable
- Perform schematic capture, board design, and bill of materials output
- Supervise board assembly and perform board bring-up
- Defend design choices during peer design reviews
- Provide a comprehensive test plan for prototypes through production
- Supervise the program all the way to production
- Design wire cabling, harnesses, sensor networks as needed
What We’re Looking For
- BS/EE or commensurate industry experience.
- Familiarity with electrical and electronic engineering concepts
- Understanding of industry standards and compliance standards.
- Experience with stepper and BLDC motors and control systems.
- A passion or interest in applying new technologies to electronic design.
- Strong computer skills as well as excellent interpersonal, critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills, and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Experience with schematic capture, board layout, and signal integrity tools
Nice to Have
- Experience with embedded firmware design and maintenance
- Ability to write a board support package for any designed board product
- Experience managing ECOs and other manufacturing knowledge.
- An innovative mindset that allows the use of intellectual horsepower in dealing with ambiguity and solving problems.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do –on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer – obsessed-Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people,together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’swhy we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.