Chowbotics is at the forefront of bringing automation into the food industry as part of DoorDash. We develop and ship robots that enable convenience through food automation. Our robots are often characterized as compact micro-restaurants that can provide customizable, fresh, healthy meals in closer proximity to consumers than any other food source. We are a team of engineers and manufacturing innovators that have exciting plans for scaling and developing new and more advanced food robots.
An experienced system test engineer with a focus on system firmware
What You’ll Do
- Develop intimate knowledge of the robotics system’s firmware.
- Make modifications to system firmware to provide a complete diagnostic firmware/software test harness to validate the product operation
- Plan, manage and execute the comprehensive test, verification and validation plan, ensuring that the product requirements are fully validated.
- Mentor and coach engineering staff inorder to build a world class test and measurement platform.
- Define and oversee deployment of the test infrastructure; managing a validation budget within limits agreed with management.
- Work with development and manufacturing partners to validate their test plans and best practices.
- Work as an individual contributor to architect, write, and execute individual portions of the overall test plan.
- Generate and managespecifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, quality control procedures, test reports and other documentation in support of designs.
- Design, fabricate, and deploy complex test hardware/software systems in support of product validation.
What We’re Looking For
- BS/EE or AS/CS ora minimum of 8years of relevant test and validation experience in high volume manufacturing.
- A high level of motivation and ability to drive architecture, design, and deployment of test systems.
- High-level experience as both an individual contributor and as a technical leador program manager and experience with high-volume manufacturing.
- Mechanical assembly experience, able to work with metals and plastics to fabricate test infrastructure.
- Computer and network experience, able to build a PC and integrate it into a test network. Able to design and integrate network elements to support test.
- Senior-level skill with LabVIEW, Python, C++, MATLABand other relevant test and measurement software packages.
- Highly self-motivatedand an active, driven problem solver.
Nice to Have
- Experience managing ECOs and other manufacturing knowledge.
- Able to drive Solidworks CAD software.
- Deep Expertise and Experience with firmware and software tools.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders-Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers-We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do –on every project, every day.
- We are learners-Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed-Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash-The magic of DoorDash is our people,together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’swhy we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.