Document Control and Knowledge Manager
Chowbotics is at the forefront of bringing automation into the food industry as part of DoorDash. We develop and ship robots that enable convenience through food automation. Our robots are often characterized as compact micro-restaurants that can provide customizable, fresh, healthy meals in closer proximity to consumers than any other food source. We are a team of engineers and manufacturing innovators that have exciting plans for scaling and developing new and more advanced food robots.Work with engineering, operations, and supply chain departments to create and maintain technical document control and knowledge systems including files, drawings and databases both for the company knowledge management system and for the manufacture or purchase of assemblies and components.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain engineering, design and product data documents as needed, ensuring historical records / file accuracy.
- Administer and maintain the Arena Document Control application, train users, set the tone for standards of documentatio
- Drive theEngineering Change Order (ECO) program.
- Collaborate with other departments to structure knowledge management and document control tools for greatest efficiency.
- Initiate use of the document control and knowledge management systems across the organization.
- Manage and support the technical publications within the HW Engineering organization, creating a solid branding approach to tech pubs.
- Support and continually evangelize the knowledge management system throughout the company.
What We’re Looking For
- Familiarity with drawings, technical documentation, and basic concepts of document tracking (versions, revisions, engineering change numbers, etc.)
- Understanding of industry standards and information system standards.
- A passion or interest in applying new technologies (i.e. Wikis) to managing knowledge.
- Knowledge of electrical and / or electro-mechanical components, and their descriptions and basic functions.
- Strong computer skills as well as excellent interpersonal, critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills, and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Experience with some of the following programs: Illustrator, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or Altium.
Nice to Have
- Previous manufacturing documentation work experience and/or a library science education.
- Experience managing ECOs and other manufacturing knowledge.
- Previous experience as a technical writer in the English language.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders-Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers-We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do –on every project, every day.
- We are learners-Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed-Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash-The magic of DoorDash is our people,together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blogor at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’swhy we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.