Chowbotics is at the forefront of bringing automation into the food industry as part of DoorDash. We develop and ship robots that enable convenience through food automation. Our robots are often characterized as compact micro-restaurants that can provide customizable, fresh, healthy meals in closer proximity to consumers than any other food source. We are a team of engineers and manufacturing innovators that have exciting plans for scaling and developing new and more advanced food robots.Work with engineering, operations, and supply chain departments to create and maintain technical document control and knowledge systems including files, drawings and databases both for the company knowledge management system and for the manufacture or purchase of assemblies and components.
What You’ll Do
- Own the design of the current line of food robots.
- Lead the understanding and resolution of quality, reliability, and warranty issues with manufacturing partners and engineering staff.
- Work with development and manufacturing partners to audit and validate their test plans and best practices.
- Drive the resolution of field issues in conjunction with participation from customer care, engineering, and manufacturing partners.
- Design and deploy complex test hardware and software systems in support of product validation and ongoing reliability testing
- Feedback learnings on current systems to the development team to improve next generations of product families.
- Manage the ongoing documentation and work with change management team to fully document the current line offood robots.
What We’re Looking For
- BS/EE or BS/ME ora minimum of 5years of relevant test and validation experience in high volume manufacturing.
- A high level of motivation and ability to drive clean, efficient, and maintainable test systems in support of high volume manufacturing.
- Mechanical assembly experience, able to work with metals and plastics and understand design and implementation shortfalls of current design.
- Able to work with both SAE and Metric fasteners and systems; able to easily and efficiently convert between measurement systems.
- Understanding of reliability modeling and analysis.
- Senior-level understanding of Gauge R&R, FA, and ORT.
Nice to Have
- Previous manufacturing documentation work experience.
- Experience managing ECOs and other manufacturing knowledge.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do –on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer – obsessed-Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash -The magic of DoorDash is our people,together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blogor at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’swhy we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.